Monday, February 7, 2011

Just a Peek!

Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences (2010 Academy Award Nomination Certificates)

Each person who is nominated for an Academy Award receives a certificate.

They receive their certificates at a Luncheon given in their honor.  Each Nominee wears a badge with the category and film.  

I've had the privilege of doing this work for the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences for over 12 now.  I think I started in 1997...  These are certificates and a badge which I had to redo for one reason or another.
This year I created the largest amount of certificates so far as some categories increased the number of people involved, the number of "Best Picture" increased last year to 10 nominees and some categories now require many duplicate copies.  I also create new members certificates but with another department.

It's been a real pleasure working with the people at the Academy.  They are so professional, easy to work with and you can count on them if there is a need to.  It has been an honor to have them as a favorite client and I hope the relationship continues for many years to come.

I have posted these photos because I know ordinarily you would not have an opportunity to see behind the scenes, so to speak.  The certificates are beautiful, classy and the Academy takes that extra step to have them filled in calligraphically by hand and since the nominees are not privileged information I feel it's okay to share with you.  This probably won't make your day, but maybe put a little bit of fun in it.

Thanks, always, for stopping by to see my work.

5 comments:

  1. They are lovely Renee! Your beautiful lettering adds a special touch to what will be a keepsake for the nominees. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous, renee! special magnificent lettering done for a very special magnificent occasion! bravo!! xox, :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful commission! I love the design very elegant. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That's fantastic. Glad I found your blog. I'm in Qatar. Pop over and visit our chaos sometime.

    Kirsty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's amazing, for over 12 years!! How cool is that and of course it must make you feel wonderful as a calligrapher.

    ReplyDelete