Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Playful and Free

Playful, free and definitely fun!
Each envelope was just a bit different 

It's rare that I get a chance to use my own twist to a calligraphy style chosen.  My client, Iris, showed me what she liked and said I could do my own interpretation.  She particularly liked the numbers being bouncy and some being larger than others and the overall look not so uniform.  It was so refreshing not to stick to a guideline and just write.  So, in honor of the opportunity and my generous client, I've named this style "Iris".

3 comments:

  1. Wow this is just beautiful...such a graceful art!

    Melinda from Plaster-world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, what a great client. What nib did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for "Iris" - she dances on the page! xo

    ReplyDelete