Saturday, December 31, 2011

Last Post of 2011

I just did a blog post at my art blog and at Ten Women on Montana Gallery so I'm sort of posted out.  Please visit them to see what's happening in my other art mediums.

Here's my last calligraphy project for 2011.

This is a large piece, 11x17, created as a letter with an old 18th century feel to it.  This gentlemen from Vancouver wanted to convey his love to his girlfriend the old fashioned way.  Not many of these kind of men around these days.
I did a free flowing copperplate with some added handwriting touches to add some texture to it and varied the pressure a bit to give it an authentic feel.  The paper was parchment and aged with a variety of inks and ink pads.
It was a large piece that didn't look right without some artistic touch so I created an originally designed first letter and added gold and alizarin crimson gouache for color.  At the bottom right I created a wax seal from a rubber stamp of a pen nib I had for balance.  I then rolled it up, tied it with sinu then an aged piece of cloth, again tied with dyed silk which I don't have a photo of unfortunately.  I was very pleased with the end result when it was shipped off to my gentleman client.

Wishing everyone the happiest of New Years in 2012.  May we all experinece Peace of Mind and Heart, Clear Intentions, Ease from being over burdened, Perfect Health mentally and physically and to recognize that abundance is our inheritence.  God Bless You and Your Family and may Peace Prevail throughout the world.


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful work, Renee! I love all the extra detail and adornments you put into making it a special gift for your client to give.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful calligraphy! - Alas, Jason seems to have plagiarized many love letters/poems to come up with this one ~ from the pens of Ludwig van Beethoven, James Joyce and Robbie Burns, to name a few ~ even to Beethoven's 'ever thine, ever mine, ever ours' ending.

    ReplyDelete