Friday, February 3, 2012

The Begginning of a New Year

Lots of things happen at the start of a new year and one of them is The Building Bridges Award.  This year I tried something a bit new...not much different, but still new.




This piece is 20x24 on Arches 90# cold press using a variety of nibs to accommodate the lettering and gouache in gold, Alizarin Crimson mixture and Winsor Green mixture, of course, black and gold foil.

When I say mixture, I mean the main color plus a little of this and a little of that to create a richer rendition of what is in the tube according to my eyes.  I don't usually use the color straight from the tube since I have so many colors already created from matching PMS colors I just reconstitute what I have and add a little bit more to it to freshen and enhance.

This Award will be presented to the recipient, James B. Steinberg, at the end of February matted and framed .  I am very proud to be part of this award.  For me, it represents peace in the world and honoring people who put their life energy into just that.
.

1 comment:

  1. It's gorgeous Renee! and all that delicate work on coldpress - you rock! xo

    ReplyDelete